The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Wednesday 23 May 2012

Janey's taper tales

Last 4 mile run before the marathon! Now I get to the fun bit of tapering - sitting about doing sweet fanny adams for two days. Oh, this running is hard work.

Tracey and I were going to out at lunchtime but work got in the way AGAIN, what a cheek. I am kind of glad we didn't go out as the clothes I had with me were for much colder, more usual, weather. I came home and decided to try out a different get up for Sunday (the one I had planned would have me boil if it is like this). So trotted off around Penicuik with shorter shorts and my marked up charity vest. Felt good, can't wait, very excited now.

Going to head into town tomorrow to get some new socks (I know I can hear all my running friends shouting new socks this close to the marathon - but the ones I was planning to wear now have a hole in them and my toe sticks out - a dead cert blister there if I wear them). I will buy an identical pair and will wear them for the next few days to check for bits that could rub. Also going to pop up to Evans Cycles to pick up some more Mule Bars to munch on my way around the route.

It is funny that last year I was getting ready for the London Marathon and I had to plan for a family holiday (leaving on the Thursday) this time it all seems much more relaxed. I am taking Rhona to the dentist tomorrow, doing a bit shopping, Hunter and Lass on Saturday and then pop into town on Sunday to run 26 miles. It just doesn't have the same fear factor as London did - although it is exactly the same random 26.2 miles but is run on roads I am totally familiar with and my house is only 30 mins away. Wonder if that will make a difference to my time - it has in the past.

Alistair was at the Haemophilia Centre again today following his latest scan. His clot has gotten a little smaller and is beginning to show signs of firming up. When it gets to a certain point the hospital may decide to operate to remove it, however at the moment, he has to continue as he is and get on with the business of supporting me and Tracey in our fundraising endeavour! He takes all of this in his stride and I am so proud of the way he does that, me I don't and I have to hide in running long distances or I stop and think about it too much. All of this madness is for him :)

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far we have far outreached our target and is rising daily, it is real encourager knowing that everyone is routing for you!! I will do my best on Sunday - finishing is my target but if I can put in a decent time also then I will be happy.

Might not blog much over the next few days as I am, as I said earlier, doing nothing, but there will be pre and post race briefing on Saturday and Sunday for definite.

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment