The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 5 May 2012

It's been a bit of a mix of training today. Went for my 6 k run route along the Innocent Railway. It was bright and sunny and I felt good, despite the vat of wine consumed last night in an attempt to blot out my crappy day! The only problem was,the top I was wearing rode up to my oxters and my trousers rode down round my hips! Luckily I had a t shirt on top to hide all the wobbly bits! Then went for my swim, fully intending to try really hard to do 30 lengths of crawl, but realised I forgot my goggles after getting changed. Do I use this as an excuse to not swim (tempting) or do I give it a go? I give it a go, of course! The problem is I can't open my eyes in the chlorinated water,so I couldn't see where I was going and was all over the lane, much to annoyance of others. I had to switch to breast stroke. At least I could open my eyes when my head was out the water and I could see where I was going. Managed 30 lengths non stop in just about 20 mins.....now if only my crawl was that fast. "Why don't I just do breast stroke in the tri" I hear you cry! Well, I kick so many people doing breast stroke I just may get disqualified, and it's all part of the challenge. And, if I do this again it would be better to do the crawl in any future triathlons ( did I really just write that?). After this I did 4, yes 4 Allister!! Lengths of legs only. This is a big improvement as before I would kick my legs for all my might, but only move if someone swam past me and I got caught in their wave! Got out of the pool blinking and squinting like a mole emerging from his hole! I then had to go to Tesco looking like I'd been crying, got some strange looks, but not as many as last week when I went there with my top on inside out!

1 comment:

  1. What are you like with your top inside out!!! You are getting so good in the pool - well done. :)

    ReplyDelete