The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Sunday 6 May 2012

Janey's biking blether



Well today Erin, Tracey and I headed for Peebles for our recce of the cycle route. I was a little apprehensive as both Tracey and Erin are expert cyclists and me I have done hee haw bike training for this triathlon - basically relying on my marathon training to get me through. I am happy to say that although I was mostly at the back it wasn't too bad at all. Okay when it started raining and hailstones I was not so happy (when Tracey was talking about "us" getting grumpy - what she meant was "me"! Although I did hear Erin say at one point "ouch that hurt".



Once we got back to the cars - and after Erin and I nearly killed ourselves trying to put the bikes on the roof of the car - we headed off for our run. Erin and I definitely had triathlon wobbly legs - Tracey on the other hand said her legs felt fine - I think there's an iron woman lurking under those three quarter length shorts!!

As we headed over the first bridge over the River Tweed we started to think we might be in the middle of a race!!! There were loads of kids running like wee maniacs over the other side of the river and then as we got to the second bridge over the Tweed Tracey asked two marshalls what race it was. As far as we could gather it was the Beltane club Club handicap 5K. We decided at that point that once around was enough so that we wouldn't get caught up with the "real" runners. We waited for a bit at the end to see the club runners storming around. There was a female runner who was sooooo fast. (if only - in my dreams).

Anyway, back to the car. On reflection, I am happy with today - I was a bit worried that after 12 miles my legs would decide just not too work and that I would end up working. It may be that two weeks after a marathon they might just decide not too work anyway, however at least I know they can do the job if I need them too! We did in fact cycle 14 miles and run about 1.5 km. So a good brick session there I think.

Have to say that I am a little worried that my bike gets racked next to "ugly naked guy" (Friend's reference there!!!) at the Triathlon - that would either slow down or speed up T1 not sure which - yuk :)

On another note I would just like to tell you about a wonderful lady called Ann Strachan who lives in Port Seton. She is a member of the Haemophilia Society in Scotland and when she saw our article in the Evening News she got in touch to say that she would like to support us and help raise some money for Haemophilia Scotland. She herself has Von Williebrand's Disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Willebrand_diseasewhich also affects her own daughters. She has had a lot of support from The Haemophilia Society in Scotland and feels, like us that they are very low profile but really need lots of support to continue the good work that they do. I spoke with her today and she was overwhelmed with the success of a fundraiser at her church. She asked congregation members if they would like to contribute to our challenge and they absolutely stunned Ann by donating a huge £155.00 (and still counting - will update when Ann lets me know what the final total is). Ann, herself, has also asked her family members if they would donate to the challenge instead of giving her presents for her birthday which is the day before the Marathon. I cannot thank her enough for her support and really want to thank the Cockenzie Old Parish Church for their fabulous support. 


Tomorrow brings another trot along the Cramond foreshore and me having a panic about the marathon getting a day closer every day!!!


Nice weekend - 


don't worry, be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment