The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 5 May 2012

Janey's running ramblings

Woke up this morning and just CBA! I was just a bit tired. I took a bit of time to get to sleep last night as my arms felt like they had lactic acid build up after my manic swim. After waking Alistair up to ask him if that had ever happened to him when he was training for triathlon's I decided (after grumpy pants said "yes - now go to sleep!") to get up and have a cup of tea and an ibuprofen. Made Alistair a cup of tea too - well he was awake now so he might as well join me :) Eventually got to sleep and then first thing in the morning thought I'm enjoying my cosy bed to get up and do 16 miles. However, I did go out and ran 11 miles. As I was running all I could think about was how hard it was. It is funny when I think back to all my marathons that usually 3 weeks out is when I have a rubbish run, when ten miles feels harder than the long 20 milers that I have run. I am guessing I just need to go through that stage and then have a last blast long run before my taper two weeks.

So, when I got back I entered my eleven miles into my training diary - and when I totalled my week's mileage - 50 MILES!!! Flippin' ek, neither wonder I was tired. I don't think I have ever hit 50 miles in one week before. Quite pleased with myself.

Tomorrow Tracey, Erin and I are heading down to Peebles for a recce of the triathlon cycle and run route. After this tiring training week I am sure Erin and Tracey will have plenty time to get to know each other as Erin's Aunty Jane struggles along at the back! :) Should be fun.

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment