The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 12 May 2012

Janey's running ramblings

After an early start (7.30am) I set of into Edinburgh. The sun was shining and it was really warm. At long last. I headed off into town through Morningside and then down onto Princes Street. By the time I got to Princes Street the tourists were all mulling around taking pictures of stuff. I stopped for a second to look up and there was the Castle, it looked amazing. We just never stop to take a look at the good stuff we have hanging around Edinburgh.


So after taking two lovely people from Washington, DC's photograph, I decided to make like a tourist for a bit and do some sightseeing in our lovely Edinburgh. (I was out for a long time remember I needed to something to amuse myself other than eat and drink)

Next stop Scott Monument and a lovely shot of the Edinburgh City Chambers (where Alistair works). They had flags on the top and they looked fab fluttering against the blue sky.


Then it was back onto Princes Street and over Waterloo Place and down towards Meadowbank. I got a bit distracted as I got to the top of Waterloo Place by Calton Hill which again looked very sunny. So as a wee detour I headed off up the hill (big hill, many steps) but wow when I got there it was great. I have not been up there since my Dad ran the Seven Hills Race with his running buddy Jack (when was that Dad?). I had forgotten about the amazing views you get from the top. 


However much fun I was having I still had 12 miles to run to get home. So I toddled off down to Meadowbank and into the Queen's Park. It was a mecca for running in the park - there were runners everywhere. Quite a novelty given I spend hours running around on my own in Penicuk. I worked my up the long Queen's Drive and out towards the Commonwealth Pool. Sun still shining! I was on my way home now - heading towards Liberton Brae. Got to Cameron Toll bought some more water (was a bit hot) and then started off up Liberton Brae. As I got half way up a car pulled up with a waving hand out of the window - it was Tracey and Eilidh. What a lovely surprise - it fair got me up the hill after meeting them. A wee quick text to Ali to ask him to pick me up at Asda at Straiton otherwise I would have run a full marathon if I had gone all the way home. 21 miles is enough for anyone. 

Now I am sitting watching Madagascar and it is great, feet up, glass of wine at the ready and my tea is being made for me (thanks Ali and Rhona). Bliss.

Only two weeks to go now - I'm excited. :)

don't worry, be happy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment