The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Friday 18 May 2012

Janey's taper tales

Look what came in the post today .....


Purple to match my vest! very excited now.....

However, back down to earth - went for my Friday swim. I think I am getting slower rather than faster - 23 mins today for my 750m. I had to swim round people and there was a man swimming breadths rather than lengths and always seemed to be touching the wall just as I was passing. And then there was the absolutely enormous lady who as she was climbing out of the pool let go of the railings and then fell backwards into the water. Now I am not one to make fun of people who are trying to lose weight and take to the pool or running to help lose the weight - I actually admire them for their confidence, but this lady was really large and she plonked back into the water with such a splosh that all I could think about was "OMG I am going to drown". But all was well, she got herself out of the pool and I didn't drown but my stroke was a little off by that point. 

Anyway, got a bit of problem cramp. My calf muscle popped in the middle of the night yesterday, you know the way it does - like someone is trying to cut your leg off whilst you sleep. It was still sore this morning and although it wasn''t sore in the pool it is now. I suspect it is part of the taper madness that marathon runners talk about - everything starts to fall apart because you have let up on the training a bit for the marathon - tapering is supposed to help but I have yet to work out how!!!

Heading to parkrun tomorrow, and I am looking forward to not running in the rain cos Tracey is going too and she says it "never" rains when she runs. Not sure if I will go flat out tomorrow or if I will just doddle - will wait and see how I feel in the morning. 

don't worry, be happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting! That's a big number, how many people do this marathon madness?! I had a similar moment in the pool on thurs when a rather large gentleman who had been standing at the shallow end for the full 25 mins I was in, just chatting, pulled himself out of the pool and said in all seriousness " well, that's me done 45 minutes today!"I had to try hard to not snort with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe there are 27,000 numbers sent out for this race - although some of them are for the hairy haggis relay race. Still not as big as London though - 37,000 mad people there! :)

    ReplyDelete