The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Monday 9 April 2012

Le Ventoux Diaries Day 3

Set off fairly early this morning after a night of little sleep due to the rain against my window! Embarrassing moment of the day happened just after I set off when I stopped at a shop to buy provisions. Somehow I skidded and started to fall off the bike, but for some reason felt it best to hop along, one foot on the ground, one foot on the pedal, that clearly wasn't going to work, so just clattered to the ground in front of 2 old mesdames, who were very concerned, one old git who laughed and 2 kids who tried not to look like they cared! Today's route was hillier, but actually I felt OK. I chose the longer option  and found it fairly steady. I think i did about 34 miles, but keep forgetting to turn on and off the super garmin toy thingy that Allister had lent me! The first proper hill they warn you of in the trip notes is described as "250m over 9 kms" that's not quite correct! I followed a river up into the mountain, and doing that always makes you think it's not a hill, it somehow always feels flatter, just as I got smug thinking this is OK, then the hill started.  Most of the climb was in the last 3 kms. But I took it slow and I didn't need to stop. Visited some really charming villages ( all at the tops of hills! ) Got lost twice, once in a fairly large town where I eventually worked out that I was going in totally the wrong direction. Stopped and asked a German couple where I was and had a very interesting conversation in which they used this sentence.....see if you can guess what they meant...answer at the end of this blog!! " you keep on this track and you will see the place where all the people of the town make their toilet and it goes away" Saw lots of other cyclists out today, all in their matching shiny team Lycra gear. With their " we don't need to be bogged down with luxuries like extra clothes, food, water, maps and such nonsense" I, after getting caught in the rain yesterday, had everything with me! Still, I waved a cheery "bonjour" as they cycled past me at high speed. I arrived at Rousillon which is a town entirely devoted to Ochre, there's a museum lots of shops and some sort of factory type thing ( I didn't actually visit it). Unfortunately no internet at the hotel or in the entire town, that's why the blog is late. I went for my usual walk to try to find a beer and there it was.....Le Mont Ventoux.....it's about more than 40kms from here and I could just see it over the other hills in the distance. The sun was shining on the summit, oh how I hope for that tomorrow!. It's really huge (a cleaned up version of the text I sent Jane) and I am really nervous.  Nothing for it but to sink a cold one on the terrace! Answer  " sewage works!"

No comments:

Post a Comment