The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 21 April 2012

Janey's running ramblings

Was up nice and early this morning. 6.30am (!!!) to eat my porridge and a cup of tea. Then it was out the door at 7.20am to start my 18 mile run. It was a nice morning, but cold. By the time I was about 6 miles down the road the rain was bouncing off my head and it was freezing. Then I lost the signal on my Garmin which meant I had to use the old fashioned method of just knowing how far I had run from years of experience and doing a  lot of maths (not my strong point) in my head to work out times etc. I also had a bit of a technical issue with my radio - lost the signal on that too just as Graham Norton was about to come on which would have gotten me back to Penicuik. Technology was not my friend today.

I headed out towards the Braid hills and decided that I would over estimate the distance rather than get back and find out that I had not run enough. So toddled off down to the Hermitage. It was really nice as it was really early and there was hardly anyone about. By this point the rain had stopped and the sun came out. Now I know my marathon training is in full flow - first time up Liberton Brae! I reckon this year is the fittest I have been in a long time, I got myself up the Brae relatively fast and with relative ease (never that easy it is a really big hill). Once I got to Kaimes cross road I knew I only had around 10k to run so was able to settle into a nice rhythm.

Finally got back to Penicuik just as the rain came on and soaked me again. I reckon I probably ran 19 miles but had 18 on my plan today so will just call it that (did it in 3hours 25mins). As my Dad said "the key thing is was it a good 18 miles or a bad 18 miles?". Good 18 miles is the answer!!!

Spent a nice afternoon with family for my Mum's birthday and then came home for a wee sleep (which I will have once I have finished this) on the sofa. London Marathon tomorrow so will watch with fond memories.

Short run tomorrow to keep the legs turning.

don't worry be happy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment