The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Sunday 10 June 2012

Woo hooo! We did it! all those months of training for the moment below...crossing the finish line.

Pretty Impressive ( we think!!) The swim was weird, we were both quite nervous before the start, but the hardest part was getting the swim caps on. I never wear one and it felt strange, couldnt hear a thing and my head got really hot! Jane and I were both in the same lane, her in front as she is faster, and off we went! the annoying thing was a guy who had put down 25mins for his swim, but was much faster, so kept on overtaking.  the other guy in the lane went off way too fast then slowed down lots, so we overtook him, that felt good! I lost count agin and was convinced I had only done about 25 when the lap counter told me that I only had 2 left. I questioned her judgement, but accepted her decision! Thats when Jane was getting out.  Both of us were complete girls and swam to the side to get out using the steps rather than beach ourselves trying to lift ourselves out of the water! Then quite a long run across the wet grass to the bikes. I couldnt get mine off the rack and all I could see was Eilidh (official photographer) laughing at me, as I nearly knocked the whole rail down. I felt quite good on the bike, this is the easy bit for me as I get a nice rest on the downhill bits, kept forgetting it was a race and had to remind myself to go faster, but made it back with only one near death experience for a family of pheasants who decided to cross the road in front of my bike. I didnt have a bell so I had to shout "out of the way baby pheasants!" just as I was enetering Peebles! The run started and the sun came out...see it NEVER rains when I run, and I took it easy on the first lap, but tried to pick it up a bit for the second. and then it was over...wooo hooo, that feels good. Official time for me 1 hour 52 mins and 23 secs....much better than I thought, might even do it agin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment