The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Friday 1 June 2012

Janey's swimming stories

Got myself down to the pool when it opened at 9am this morning and apart from 4 women swimming up and down slowly I pretty much had it to myself. So I decided that today would be the day to test myself. So in I got, first thing realised I had forgotten to actually take a puff of my inhaler which by this point was at the side, miles away from where I was. Decided to give it a go without it. Was fine. Off I went. I still have absolutely no technique but quite happy in that I can chunter up and down fairly strongly (in my opinion). I managed 20 lengths in about 14 mins without stopping and then the beeps started. I had forgotten all about the wee babies swim class and the blasted boom wall was going up. So I was down to 17.5m to swim with. I stopped to let the boom wall come up and do the maths on how many lengths I had to now do to take me up to my full distance. Then I got going again. I went to switch my watch back on and realised I had forgotten to switch it off and the time had rattled away with itself. So now I have absolutely no idea about how long it will take me next weekend, but hey ho! I know I can make it, how fast/slow will be the question.

Then I had a wee practice climbing out of the pool. Last time I did a triathlon I was lucky enough to have the end lane and had steps but knowing my luck I will be plonked in the middle lane and have to ungracefully haul myself out of the pool. Managed it, but not gracefully, much to the hilarity of the lifeguards (who just laughed at me).

Might go out on my bike for a wee spin later on, depending on the weather. Not really into cycling in the rain. Also going to head out to try and buy a new swimming costume - might as well try and look the part. :)

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment