The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 9 June 2012

Janey's running ramblings

Went out for a short 3 mile run today. The sun almost came out and it was lovely and warm - the rain did come  on for a little while but didn't last long. I have a bit of a niggle left over from the marathon - my little toe and the one beside it on my right foot is still a bit sore. Because they have been rubbing together my foot has developed quite a sore bit however it settled down when I was out running. So as long as I tape it up it should be okay tomorrow. Need to nurse it along for my trail run next week. Got my race number and my t-shirt for next weekend - a wee holiday weekend race - I love it!!! Can't wait.

Anyway, back to this week, got a box all ready to pack all my stuff in it for transition. Alistair (my half ironman hero) advised that it would be good to pack it all in a box in case it was raining, that way it was kept dry off the ground and I could just stick something over the top of it to keep the rain off. He also suggested that it would be a good idea to practice changing my tyre before hand to make sure I can remember how to do it.  My pal Hazel (also a half ironman hero) gave me the same advice and also told me to practice my transitions to make sure I had forgotten nothing. I am actually looking forward to it now - just a bit different from my normal events. I have been quite adventurous this year - marathon, triathlon and trail runs. Have really quite enjoyed the challenge that twotacklethree has brought this year.

Anyway, going to check out my bike now to make sure it is in working order! Can't work out what to wear tomorrow once I am out the pool - pool easy cossie, goggles and hat. My transition pile will look like a jumble sale because I will have so many choices. Hazel said not to underestimate the cold - she got hypothermia after taking part in the Half Ironman in Snowdonia (llanberis) although as I said to her I am sure I won't be pushing myself to the limit in quite the same way that she did that day. (Hazel was quite good - used to win things). Finishing will be my win!!

This will be my last challenge in twotacklethree and I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and donations to our fundraiser - It is an amazing amount of money that you have all helped us raise. Tracey still has her final challenge to complete next week - Edinburgh to St Andrews Bike Ride (70 miles). No mean feat!

Look out for race debriefing tomorrow :)

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment