The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 17 March 2012

What a beautiful day for a cycle! Eilidh and I had the sort of morning where you just seem to be chasing your tail, so I hadn't had any time to think about what training I would do. I knew I'd be busy tomorrow all day, so plumped for a long bike ride. I did the same route as I completed with Twads in Feb, which I think is about 38 miles. I went the other way round the route, starting at Heriot, as I knew I wouldnt be able to face the demoralising final 8 miles on my own. The first part to Clovenford is really hard, but today it was so nice I even cycled without my jacket or fleece on! Normally I have both! I managed to keep going by playing my new game, guess how many miles are left. I started off doing how many miles have I completed, but motivationally that just doesn't work for me. At Innerlethan I though I'd have a problem as when I have done this route in the past I have always finished there, so I was not looking forward to the thought of still having 19 miles to go up the biggest and longest hill of the day . But the Mighty Deerstalker race was on. I completed this a few years ago, and it was hell. I don't mean completed, I mean endured. This race involves running ( yeah right, it's more of a crawl up a great big bloody hill) 5k ( there is NO WAY that route is only 5 k) and crawling through frozen muddy ponds, rivers and ditches. And that was only the Deerstalker, the Mighty is 10 k and is run at night.....absolute madness. I was fondly reminiscing about the pints we were scoffing after finishing whilst Stephen ( who had done the Mighty) was shivering in a freezing tent having finished way quicker than we all thought whilst we were cozily chatting in the pub, with the car keys, so he couldn't even change out of his freezing soggy clothes...oops! Anyway, the sight of these poor sodden, frozen people emerging from the tunnel which you have to wade though up to your armpits, was enough to make me feel smug and warm on my bike and off I sped up the hill. A good ride, and at last.......no wind!!!!

1 comment: