The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 24 March 2012

It's all been pretty quite this week at my end. After my feeble attempt to run on Monday I had to go home and have lie down, felt like proper flu, which I have never had before, shivering, sweating, sore muscles, headache.....the works.I marched into the chemists with a list of my ailments and bought the shop, and have been ODing on echinacea ever since! Interestingly though I explained to the chemist I had type 2 diabetes, so they wouldn't suggest something with high sugar, he asked me what medication I was on, when I replied "none" he asked me 2 more times. "No, I mean what prescribed medication are you on?" I replied "none". (Condescending look)"What I mean is, what medicine do you take every day for your diabetes?". Once again, "none". He honestly looked like he still didn't believe me so I had to explain that it was diet and exercise controlled. Why is the first response from a medical practitioner to assume this? It makes me even more determined to stay off drugs as long as possible.
By Tues morning I still felt crap, but it was more like a normal cold again, but with a really annoying cough thrown in! So for the rest of the week I have done nothing! Cough still bothering me and my head is still bunged up. Am getting more than a little worried that Ventoux is only 2 weeks away, and I'm not exactly feeling fit! Eilidh has had her dance show all week so I've been helping out there every evening, so still no rest for me ( or her!). Hope to feel up to a cycle by tomorrow but it's unlikely to be the long hard one I had planned!

1 comment:

  1. You know what Tracey, every time I train for a marathon I always end up with a hacking cough two or three weeks before it which threatens the whole damn thing. Never does though - just take it easy, you are a lot fitter than you were in October and you have done a ton more training than you usually do for your St Andrew's cycle and remember the Ventoux is a holiday not the actual Tour de France, you can stop and take a rest. You are NOT Andy Schlek!!! It will be fine, you will be really surprised at your resiliance. Don't worry, be happy :)

    ReplyDelete