The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Friday 2 March 2012

Janey's swimming stories

 Brick Session today. Swim - 750m - 18mins !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turbo trainer 1 hour.

Swim was interesting! pool was cut down again to 20m because of the wee tiny tots learning to swim. There were loads of people swimming up and down but I managed to squeeze in a wee space for my lengths. Then they put up a rope over two lanes and the high school kids came in. We were all squished into a wee tiny space. The oldies however got fed up with the "youth" all making a noise and lots of splashing - despite the poor PE teacher blowing his whistle like mad!! Kids were all ignoring him - "I didnae hear yeh sur" were their cries! The oldies all left and then I got virtually the whole place to myself (at least what was left of the pool for the public. Still very pleased with myself - I chuntered up and down at a nice even pace and managed to do 18 minutes. A one off I am sure but it felt good.

Then I came back and jumped on the turbo trainer. I decided that I would sit on the trainer for an hour! How boring that was!! Not even Steve and Dano (Hawaii 50) could make it any less boring - although they did help! (wink wink).

Now I am eating my lunch and I don't know what is the most wobbly - my arms or my legs?? Good session though. Feeling good.

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment