The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Thursday 16 February 2012

Janey's running ramblings

You would think being on holiday would make it easier to get out training, but somehow having more time makes it harder to get out the door. I keep putting my run off until I get to the stage I have to force myself out the door. I think I prefer having less time that way I make better use of the time I have got.

Anyway, enough of that and back to the training session. It was a lot different from yesterday, it was raining, windy and sunny all at once. I kept thinking about Tracey and her long cycle yesterday - better then than today! Anyway, back to my training session. I decided to go back over the route I ran with Tracey the other day and take some photos for the blog as it really is a nice route. So here is the route we took around Penicuik -

Spring is on its way!
crocus

snowdrops.

Once into Sir John Clerk's estate I ran past some lovely views up towards Penicuik House. It was really windy but the sun was still shining at this point and I felt like I was running well at this point. 

Penicuik House


Moving on around the back of Penicuik House I headed off to the path which winds its way back to the main path. On the way I passed a monument (which I think is called the Ramsay Monument but can't be completely sure). Also passed lots of fantastic views which could well have been views in the Highlands not just a bit out of Edinburgh. Beautiful.




Once I had passed the monument I headed towards a lovely path carpeted with snowdrops. At this point Tracey said we should be skipping through the snowdrops! Can't blame her they were very pretty ........



Then it was off up the hill out of the estate and into Lowrie's Den. Wound my way through the woods until I got to the hill which Tracey reckons we needed crampons and ice picks for - 



It is the hill that just gives on giving! Right to the top. After this I headed over to the second part of the woods past Penicuik's very own Mont Ventoux, Carnethy (well okay not really but it is a big old hill).


Having had a thoroughly enjoyable run I meandered past the wee stream at the bottom of the hill and climbed through the gap at the bottom and ran home. 


Nice run, even if it was a bit windy and rainy. Hope the pics reminded you of our run Tracey!!!

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment