The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 11 February 2012

Janey's running ramblings

10 miles today!!! Took me ages but it was good. I set out early, because it is the Carnethy Hill Race today and Rhona and I are going up the hill to cheer on the Fetchies doing it, and I wanted to get my run out of the way first. I was trying out a new energy sweet thingy made by Powerbar. They were meant to be cola flavour and you take 5 sweets to equal an energy gel. I thought they would be easier to take but after the 3rd one I was choking them down and spent the next mile feeling like I was going to be sick! However, they did kick in and I felt like I was running strong. But then all of a sudden WHAM my energy levels dropped like a stone. So given the taste was rubbish and the fall in energy levels after they run out was too dramatic will have to try something else. Might just go back to real food and try raisins next time. Any suggestions from fellow Fetchies will be gratefully received.

Had a good run though and I am now enjoying a nice cup of tea.

don't worry, be happy :)

PS Just read Tracey's post - GO TRACEY!!!!!!! Allez Allez Allez :)

Just come back from the Carnethy Hill race, now that's a field full of really bonkers people! So on top of my 10 mile run Rhona and I have now walked around 8 miles (up Carnethy and then home). Pretty tired now.
Very impressive race to watch though, the route basically goes round in a circle and you can see runners everywhere. It has to be thee most energetic spectating that I have ever done.

1 comment:

  1. 10 miles,I'm well impressed! Energy bars and gels are crap, dinnae use them, you're better off with a banana sandwich and a nice cup of tea, a tad impractical whilst running I admit!! Another benefit of cycling you see, you can take a picnic!

    ReplyDelete