The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Sunday 29 January 2012

Went for a swim last night, and thought I'd just take it easy after my success at the Park Run, but actually started swimming quite well ( for me!). Considering I couldn't even do 1 length a couple of weeks ago, I am starting to feel a bit stronger. There was only one lane open so it was a bit busy and one grumpy old lady said I was being 'dangerous' when I tried to over take her....I was just delighted I could over take her!!!
Off for a cycle this morning, and started off at a balmy 2 degrees when I unpacked my car at Rosewell, however as soon as I got up in the hills it went way below that, everything was frozen, toes, fingers, nose, ears and puddles, even the reservoir was frozen! No surprise then that Dr Dastardly De Motivate was providing me with a well thought out plan. Just do the shorter route (13 miles) but try to go a bit faster. I thought that was a good plan, after all I need to build up my strength, and whats 4 miles in the great scheme of things? I did try to go faster and stronger and just at the top of the hill where the road either loops round the reservoir, or cuts off to the shorter route, Dr D was distracted by some sheep and Sir Suggleton and I veered off round the longer route! Each time I got to the top of a hill without having to granny my gears I gave myself a wee cheer!
I will really need to invest in one of these high tech gadgets which tells you how far and for how long as the 17 (ish) miles took 1 hr 45. I think I must have been underestimating my times on previous rides as I ( and good old Smuggelton) am convinced that I was faster and stronger than last week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment