The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2T3T2


Saturday 28 January 2012

Janey's running ramblings

Headed off to parkrun this morning after having to scrape the car window - temp -3. This is going to be a slippy one I thought. Met Tracey in the car park at Cramond, and yep it was absolutely freezing and very slippy. My plan had been to try and get under 30 mins and I was feeling quite confident. We started running taking it easy on the frost, two seconds into the run and I dropped my parkrun bar code. I stopped to pick it up but everyone kept standing on it and jumping over it, Tracey and Scotty (Fetch) disappeared off into the distance and I found myself at the back! "Great" I thought to myself now I am miles behind. So I picked up my card and took off trying to catch Tracey. I spotted someone in the distance who was dressed just like Tracey and thought I could see Scotty. I just could not catch up with either of them, but I kept pushing my aim to not be last - I didn't dare look behind because at the start I was last but for the back runner. I lost sight of Tracey and at that point decided to just keep pushing and try to save my run as best as I could. It was really slippy so I was tiptoeing along at some points. I tired as usual at around 4k (I am sure there is a wee hill there). I didn't look at my watch as I was convinced I had taken about 37 mins to run it - but as i got nearer the finish line I decided to put my foot down as I was feeling good. As I crossed the line I switched off my watch and took a tentative look at the time - 30:35 Who hoo!!!!!!!! Not a PB but best time of the year. (official park run time was 30:37). But where was Tracey, obviously it wasn't Tracey I had been hunting down, but thanks to whoever it was cos I ran fast trying to catch you! As I was waiting in the queue to get my time recorded Tracey appeared running with style towards the finish line - she clearly had worked hard also and had got an amazing time. Tracey got a PBeee 34 mins. So despite me thinking I had a rotten run my panic got me to 30 mins (sub 30 next time!!!!). And well done Tracey a pretty neat PB!

Went for a nice walk in the afternoon to finish the day off. This was a good day.

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment