The New Challenges

In 2012 Tracey and I embarked on a series of challenges to raise money for The Haemophilia Society. We had great fun doing it and both felt very fit. So, as we both were slogging up the Mound in the Edinburgh 10 mile run recently, we remarked on how unfit we both were compared to then!

And so Two Tackle Three was resurrected!

Two Tackle Three Take Two (AKA 2T3T2) will see us take on three new challenges each which are crazier and tougher than the first three (although Ventoux was quite tough). We will raise money for an Edinburgh Charity called The Yard. The Yard is a purpose built indoor and outdoor adventure playground for children and young people with disabilities.

Tracey and I have a few links with this amazing facility. One being it has close links with the Childhood Practice Team at Edinburgh College and the second being my late husband, Alistair was involved in providing the yard with their cut down working traffic light, through the BBC Children in Need project, The Big Build.

So Tracey's challenges are -

St Mary Loch Standard Distance Triathlon, Aberfeldy Half Ironman, Glencoe Half Marathon.

And Jane's are -

Windermere Half Marathon, The Moonwalk and the Glencoe Marathon.

We will also be taking part in a variety of other events in preparation for our big challenges.

Our blog will make a welcome return, so you can keep up with our training antics! So please keep up to date. We will let you know soon how you can sponsor us to raise a shed load of cash for The Yard.

Jane and Tracey (Team 2T3T2)

Monday, 13 June 2016

Tracey's Triathlon Tales

Another "wee" triathlon  completed as part of my prep for the Big Ones. Just a cheeky wee Sprint Triathlon in Peebles. This event was my first ever tri so it was nice to go back and have another go....or so I thought! After a rather late night playing with the Edinburgh Concert Band  in our summer Concert,  followed by *ahem* just the "one" pint! I got up at 6 am to get my stuff together then head down. If was pouring when I got there ensuring my gear in transition got totally soaked and it didnt stop till I'd finished the cycle and the run. My feet were proper squelching!  But....I did it....a wee bit slow  (no surprise ) but after a strong coffee and a wee afternoon nap. ....all was well! Just need to do it all again next weekend for the first  open water tri of the year.......noooooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment